S. Y. Josephs Company

S. Y. Josephs Company was located at the corner of 13th Street and Tower Avenue in Superior. It was "devoted to the sale of Women's, Misses and Children's Wearing Apparel." S. Y. was part of the Josephs family and maybe loosly connected to the Zalk family Tree.

S. Y. Josephs, H. Y. Josephs and Max Zalk were the proprietors of the Golden Rule store at 17 East Superior Street. There was a fire in the store in 1907 according to a May 8, 1907 news article. The S. Y. Joseph Company was incorporated in 1912 according to a August 25, 1912 news article. The business had previously been called the Boston Store.

The ads below were published in the Superior High School yearbooks in the years indicated.


1917

1920

1922

1924


1925

1930

1937



  Top of Page     Jewish Organizatons & Businesses     Jews of Duluth     News Articles Index     Table of Contents     Home  




Created by:   Allan@Garon.us

Feedback always welcome!

Page created Oct 2016